John Galt

'Light tomorrow with today.' -- Elizabeth Barrett Browning --

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Roberts Is Okay By Me

I have been reluctant to get involved in the gang-analysis of President Bush's nomination of John Roberts to be our newest member of the Supreme Court. Most of the talking heads on television and in print seem to think he's a swell guy but then most of them think Hillary Clinton is a swell guy too.

I have withheld judgment unitl I was able to hear from our resident legal experts. One of the two authorities I respect the most when it comes to all things legal, John Behan, says Roberts is a good pick. (here)

I'm still waiting for a ruling from Steve Minor.

If Steve approves, I'll then have no doubt that Roberts is a good choice.

I just hope this isn't another David Souter scenario whereby the nominee is touted as a conservative but in practice and application he proves to be a flaming, freaking, rudderless, clueless, make-it-up-as-you-go-along liberal.

Of course, I'm no lawyer ...