I knew the occupant of the vehicle, a Dodge Intrepid, was dead. The authorities were on the scene and were making no attempt to extricate her from the car. They had simply draped a tarp over what was left of the passenger compartment and were supervising the tow-truck removal of the trailer from atop the car.
Charleston woman dies in I-64 collision with tractor-trailer
MILTON — A Charleston woman died Monday afternoon when she rear-ended a tractor-trailer on Interstate 64 in Milton, said Deputy Chief Bob Legg of the Milton Fire Department.
The woman’s name was not available. The accident happened around 2:20 p.m. in the westbound lane at exit 28. The tractor-trailer was pulled over on the side of the road when the woman’s car hit the truck from behind, Legg said.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The interstate was closed for about 2 1/2 hours. (link)
The thoughts that go through your mind -
- A life has come to an end - in the blink of an eye.
- A family somewhere is about to receive some shocking and horrible news.
- A prayer is offered up for the souls affected by the accident.
- There but for the grace of God ...
- An admonition - Pay closer attention as you head on down the road.
I went on down the road.