Quote

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. Welcome to From On High.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Boucher: 'All's Well.' Swell.

I read an interview in the Richlands News-Press ("Boucher: SWVA economic future looks good") with our Congressman-for-life Rick Boucher with a high degree of bemusement. My thought as I read the piece was, "Does he live in the same Southwest Virginia I live in?

Let me summarize the interview:

All is getting better. Soon. Just you wait and see ...
Here are some quotes from the article;

... closer and closer

... will bring

... even though ... pose opportunities

... will have

... to begin

... to provide

... offers communities a way to

... I anticipate ... we'll be seeing

... poised to take advantage

... can benefit

... could become

... the ability to

... to give
Boucher, for some inexplicable reason, fails to mention ...

... Vaughan Furniture

...
Lear Corporation

...
Webb Furniture

...
Southern States

...
Big Lots

...
The Dickenson County food bank

...
Spring Ford Industries

...
Tultex

...
Buster Brown

...
Natalie Knitting Mills

...
American of Martinsville

...
Virginia Glove

...
Ethan Allen

...
Renfro

...
Celanese

...
Johnson & Johnson

...
Virginia House Furniture

...
Lea Industries

... ArvinMeritor

... VFKnitwear

... Burlington Industries

... Hooker Furniture

...Stanley Furniture

...Thomasville Furniture

...Bassett Furniture

... Pulaski Furniture
Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy
.
... Congressman Rick Boucher
(Link to Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy")