Quote

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. Welcome to From On High.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

That's The Best You Could Come Up With?

I tossed my morning coffee when I read Ben Tribbett's silly explanation (he "got a tip") for Jim Webb's deplorably impolitic behavior during a White House ceremony the other day. He claims in part:
As President Bush is well aware, a couple of weeks before this dinner the tank riding next to Jimmy's in Iraq was under fire and three marines died.

My sources are telling me (sic) that the way President Bush approached Webb with his tone, it appeared he was asking the question of how Jimmy was doing in a mocking manner ...
Ben. Ben. Ben. You had a whole day to dream up an explanation and this is the best you could do? Call me next time, man. I could help you. I think the angle should have had to do with ...
... a sudden 'Nam flashback; a post traumatic stress relapse that suddenly flung Webb back into the jungles of the Mekong Delta; a night mission gone terribly, terribly wrong; chinks to the right of him, slopes to the left of him; rocket propelled grenades landing close by, too close; comrades going down; low on ammunition; his arm bleeding profusely; no way out; Mother, dear Mother ...
A more readable excuse, yes? Call me.