John Galt

'You have destroyed all that which you held to be evil and achieved all that which you held to be good. Why, then, do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you?' -- John Galt --

Friday, July 04, 2008

Let's Do The Math

I had to stop and think. Did I awake this morning in a time warp? Did Obama decree "new math" to be the old math? Have I lost my mind? Can I no longer count? Help, I've fallen and I can't get up?

You tell me:

Honor The Spirit Of United States
By Bristol Herald Courier Editorial Board

Today, we celebrate America’s birthday.

At the ripe old age of 222 years, our great country remains more united than divided. That’s a pretty amazing feat – given the high-decible shouting in this election year. (link)
Let's see:

2008 - 1776 = 232.

Not 222.

Unless we recognize the birth of our nation as having occurred when we began fighting against Shay's Rebellion.

I get so confused reading the papers.