Decidedly conservative when voting on wedge issues such as same-sex marriage and a staunch supporter of the coal industry, Boucher has built influence and power in Washington. His office provides extensive and popular constituent services, such as help with applications for Social Security disability benefits. And he brings home many millions of dollars in federal earmarks for the 9th District.Was Moxley wearing her cheerleader outfit when she wrote that bit of horse shit?
One must wonder.
But let's look at her propaganda and see if she's blowing smoke:
1) Boucher is "decidedly conservative when voting on wedge issues such as same-sex marriage"? How about the biggest wedge issue of them all? From "On the Issues" Boucher:
- • Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)
- • Voted YES on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)
- • Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
- • Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)
- • Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life. (Oct 2003)
- • Voted NO on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research. (Feb 2003)
- • Voted NO on funding for health providers who don't provide abortion info. (Sep 2002)
- • Voted NO on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)
- • Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)
- • Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
- • Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999)
- • Rated 100% by NARAL, indicating a pro-choice voting record. (Dec 2003)
How about this wedge issue - illegal immigration?
- • Voted NO on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism. (Sep 2001)
- • Rated 0% by FAIR, indicating a voting record loosening immigration. (Dec 2003)
- • Rated 50% by USBC, indicating a mixed record on open borders. (Dec 2006)
3) Boucher has "built influence and power in Washington"? In fact, even with his decades of seniority, he chairs a meaningless subcommittee and is considered by most to be nothing more than an ineffectual go-along-get-along lapdog.
4) "He brings home many millions of dollars in federal earmarks for the 9th District." That one is accurate. To Boucher's everlasting shame.
Please. I don't know what this Tonia Moxley has going for Rick Boucher but my suggestion is she either get a room or take a cold shower. This is so unbecoming.
Someone told me once that she's a journalist. You'd never be able to tell it from this.