'In the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.'
- Abraham Lincoln -

Friday, October 07, 2011

Whatever Floats Their Boat

Be honest. When was the last time you went to the theater and sat through a Woody Allen flick?

If you're like me, you'd answer: I never have. I'd rather have my lungs extracted with a pair of oversized, rusty tongs than endure one his snooze-fests.

Yeah, I've sat through all or part of "Mighty Aphrodite," "Bullets Over Broadway," "Radio Days," "Zelig," "Annie Hall," and others, on video, at home where I can easily find distractions and am not contributing (as much) to Allen's bad choice of professions.

I heard the other day that he's got a new movie coming out. I leaped with joy.


So when I read this I shrugged and said, Why not? I'll not be watching it either:

Allen Eyes [Michelle] Obama For Movie Role

It's at this point that I'd dream up and pass along some snarky suggestions for a movie role for our First Lady - something having to do either with the size of her ass or her interest in telling the rest of us what we will be allowed to put in our mouths from this day forward.

But I really don't care enough to comment.

Michelle Obama and Woody Allen are made for each other. May they knock themselves out (figuratively) putting out a blockbuster of a movie that nobody outside of Manhattan will give to squirts about.

Go for it, losers.