Quote

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. Welcome to From On High.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why I Don't Watch Network News

So Paula wanted to catch the news on Channel 7 a few minutes ago.  (Ugh.)

We turned to channel 7.  "CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley."

I watched for maybe fifteen minutes before I got up and walked out of the room in disgust.

No, Pelley wasn't going after Newt (or G.W. Bush) (Surprise).

He was feeding us what someone in New York City considers "news."

Here's what the show featured this evening:

1) A story about Alzheimers.

2) A story about obesity.

3) A story (I didn't stick around to watch) about some failing city with a failing school system.

The problem?

If I wanted to watch "CBS Evening Stories With Scott Pelley," I would have sought it out.

Jesus, God, is it too much to ask for news on the news?