Quote

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. Welcome to From On High.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Why I'm Uncomfortable About Romney

Can we cut through the bull plop?  I read the other day a piece written by someone who tried to make the argument that Ronald Reagan was a great pro-life president.  The meat of it was that he said all the right things about the issue when he was president.

Big deal.

In my world, it comes down to this: What did Reagan do about ending the heinous practice of abortion?

The answer, if we're honest with ourselves, is, in a word, SQUAT.

So, when a politician tells me he's in favor of doing something, I shrug.  Words are cheap.  Especially coming from a politician.  Especially at election time.

Mitt Romney is going to repeal the most hated piece of legislation to come out of Washington since Prohibition.  Or so he says.

Those around him?  His close advisors?  We get a completely different story:

With Friends Like Romney's . . .: Norm Coleman tells voters the GOP won't repeal ObamaCare.

Who to believe?

Remember this: We're not required to believe either of them.

Which is where I'm at today.

I can't get past this bad feeling ...