Quote

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. Welcome to From On High.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Judge a Blog By Its Detractors

Gosh.  I think I should be ashamed of myself.  Or something.

Ever heard the name Gil Mann?

Neither have I.

But apparently he's an avid reader of this weblog.

Or at least it seems that way, he knows me ... so ...well.

Remember the other day when I made mention of the fact that northern Virginia (sometimes-) Republican Dave Albo was denied sex because his wife got her undies in a bunch (respect the imagery) over that legislation pending in Richmond that called for mothers (...)  to obtain an ultrasound before they get their kids snuffed?  (In truth, I only just barely mentioned it.)

Well, this Gil Mann - who is a contributor to (an inexpertly designed) weblog entitled "Rumproast" - there's Strike One - has his thong a'crack too.  And it's happened as a result of his having read my brief mention of Delegate Dave Albo possibly favoring that legislation so as to not have to put up with his (Albo's) wife's sexual-political fanaticism.  Possibly.

So now this Mann character lashes out.  At Albo.  At me.  And even at the master of the weblog world, Instapundit:
Look, I don’t know if this guy [Albo]’s giving us a play-by-play on his change of heart or what, I’m not even sure if the point is that his wife was turned off by the language being tossed around or by the bill itself, but to this viewer it sure as shootin’ comes across as the latter, and what’s more, the state-mandated-rape-o-sphere seems to agree. From On High, the most preposterously full-of-itself wingnut blog I’ve come across since the last time I came across one, merely links to the vid with a reminder that Albo’s a RINO, which I gather is an acronym for Read A Book Once, and it’s also a label conservatives slap on their comrades whenever they feel the need to distance themselves. BTW, here’s the author pic at FOH, caption his, not mine:



That’s another thing I hate about the right. I have to put work into my puerile innuendo, for these guys it’s effortless.

(top post on FOH as of this writing: remember Krystal Ball, that attractive young Democratic congressional candidate in those Rudolph-dildo pictures? Apparently she’s a hypocrite for being against forced trans-V ultrasound while being for wearing something sexy to a costume party. I refuse to link to it on the principle that there’s a picture of Ball and another cute brunette in a schoolgirl outfit being naughty with each other and it’s all terribly prurient and I like to think you people are better than that, plus if you crash the server I won’t be able to see it)

Again, I can’t speak to Albo’s intent, but I consider this a data point in favor of my hypothesis: Instapundit called his wife a whore. So he might not realize his stand-up routine was about how Republicans are destroying their brand with these anti-woman measures, but that’s the nerve it touched.

As for what nerve he touched after his wife went to bed, I don’t wanna know! Unless there’s one I’ve somehow overlooked, in which case he should feel free to e-mail me at tips@gilmann.com, maybe with a scanned thumbnail sketch attached.
Gee. Where to start?

How about here.
[R]emember Krystal Ball, that attractive young Democratic congressional candidate in those Rudolph-dildo pictures? Apparently she’s a hypocrite for being against forced trans-V ultrasound while being for wearing something sexy to a costume party. I refuse to link to it on the principle that there’s a picture of Ball and another cute brunette in a schoolgirl outfit being naughty with each other and it’s all terribly prurient and I like to think you people are better than that, plus if you crash the server I won’t be able to see it.
Cute.  He doesn't want to crash the server by having his many, many readers all link to the photo (that can be found here).

So let me tie that thought to this one: "From On High, the most preposterously full-of-itself wingnut blog I’ve come across since the last time I came across one ..."

I don't know this dude, so I can't speak to his being a "wingnut," (though this small sampling of his work would lead one to believe he's right there with me, in good standing), but when it comes to being full of himself?  Here's a guy who writes for a small-time weblog that, according to Sitemeter, gets all of 1,331 visitors per day, and he's worried that his followers are going to crash Blogger's server(s)?  Blogger with some 28,000,000 unique visitors?  Blogger servers get more hits in minutes than this moron will see all year.

Yeah, I'd be worried about those servers being inundated too.  Why, what might result if all 1,331 readers click in at the same moment?  The consequences might be devastating.

Now who's full of himself?

As to this - "That’s another thing I hate about the right. I have to put work into my puerile innuendo, (sic) for these guys it’s effortless" - I'm here to give him credit.  He got half of it right.   His work certainly sets a standard for puerility.

On a more serious note, though, let me address the condescension.  "State-mandated-rape-o-sphere"?  Can  one remain serious and read something so insensate, so heartless?  I can only imagine how all those hundreds of thousands of women in this country who have experienced the ordeal - brutal, savage, life-altering - feel about the crime committed against them being thrown into the same category as some carnival stunt.  Rape-o-sphere?  And this worm wants to influence the debate?

Rape is not a catch-phrase, dumbass.

Instapundit then gets sucked into it. Somehow. But he's a big boy.  He can defend himself.

As to the photo caption to which he refers, as Confucious said, "If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." Not that this imbecile has the first inkling as to what that means.