'In the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.'
- Abraham Lincoln -

Monday, February 06, 2012

Not So Super

My daughter called last night to tell me how much she loved the Clint Eastwood commercial that aired during the Super Bowl.  That would be this one:

My take? I told her I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what the point was. 

Clint Eastwood: "It's halftime, America. And the second half is about to begin." 


But the ad was about Detroit (actually, though you'd never know it, it was about Chrysler Corporation).


Detroit of all places? 

This Detroit? 

I like a good flag-wavin' rah rah commercial as much as anyone.  (Who can forget this one from Budweiser?  Or this one?  They still bring tears to my eyes.)

No.  Even Dirty Hairy can't make a success story out of that cesspool known as Detroit.

Nice effort.  Stupid idea.