Quote

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. Welcome to From On High.

Monday, March 19, 2012

We Can't Let These People Win

Okay, I'm in the middle of The Hunger Games.  That's part of my problem, I suppose.

But beyond that, I was raised to believe that totalitarianism is a bad thing.  And history has proven my upbringing to be absolutely right on that.  It fails wherever it's been tried.

That doesn't mean, however, that there aren't ignorant, self-interested scientists out there - some in high places - who think it might be a neat idea - no, an imperative - that, because of the looming threat of "global warming" (or whatever they're calling it today), we need a planetary government power structure entrusted with "heavy-handed, transnational enforcement powers."

Read The Hunger Games.  Read 1984.  Read Darkness at Noon.  Read Gulag Archipelago.  Read Fahrenheit 451.

Be afraid.

Be prepared.

Lock and load.