Quote

'In the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.'
- Abraham Lincoln -

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Well, Now I Know

As you may know, "Glee" was once, a few years ago, my favorite TV show.  When it was about remarkably talented high school students getting together in their glee club and singing their hearts out.  And facing challenges along the way, which made for good television.

For reasons I never understood, the show suddenly became - three years ago? - no longer about remarkably talented high school students getting together in their glee club and singing their hearts out.  It was about homosexuals.

Which is fine.

But not my thing.

So I turned the station and never went back.

But the mystery remained.  Why did the producers decide to take a successful format and screw with it?

I found out today.  From Mark Steyn:

"Appearing at an Obama fundraiser at the home of Glee creator Ryan Murphy and his 'fiancé' David Miller, the president, reasonably enough, had difficulty ..."

The creator of a show about remarkably talented high school students getting together in their glee club and singing their hearts out decided that it needed to be about his sexual orientation instead.

Yup.  It's his show.  And he can do with it whatever he wants.

But for me?  So many channels.  So many channels ...