Quote

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. Welcome to From On High.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

About This Weblog

For those who have been following this effort for the last many years, you know that I'm straightforward about who I am, where I come from, and what I'm all about.  With the exception of my being evasive about my current employer - I owe it to the corporation and I'm not suicidal - I'm very open about this weblog and about myself.  While some bloggers feel the need to write anonymously, I have always viewed such an approach to opinionating to be kinda off the mark.

That said, someone - a dear reader - made the comment the other day about viewership - asking in a roundabout way if I had anybody stopping by the weblog to partake of my radically far-right extremist views.

Well, here's my response.  From Sitemeter, which tracks such things, an accounting for this week, as of a few minutes ago (click on the image to enlarge it):



Average number of visitors per day: 219.  Visits over time?  Over a quarter million.

Is that a lot?

Not really.

Is that small potatoes?

Not for the Southwest Virginia blog world.

Am I happy with it?

I'm not unhappy.

Does my effort make a difference?

You betcha.

Which should give that person who inquired sleepless nights.