Quote

'In the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.'
- Abraham Lincoln -

Friday, August 31, 2012

Obama's Likable? Really?

I'm getting a bit tired of this:

Romney Policies May Trump Obama 'Likability'

I'm told that it's true that Barack Obama is considered - based on polls conducted by reputable pollsters - more "likable" than Mitt Romney.  One can't argue with the polls.  So I don't fault the narrative.

But I do find fault with those who were polled.

Let me ask you a question: If this aloof, inward, stone-faced guy is so likable, how is it we've never heard that he's ever had a friend?

Mentors, sure.  Dope smokin' buddies back in high school, yeah.

But in adulthood, has he ever had an actual friend?  A dude?  A buddy?

I say the man isn't likable at all.  He's distant.  Cold.  Unknowable.  A man in a gray marble toga, as was once said about another president long ago (and to prove that "likability" isn't what it's cracked up to be all of a sudden, that aloof and reserved president was one of the best we've ever had).

Obama's likable?  In truth, nobody knows enough about the guy to even make judgment.