Quote

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. Welcome to From On High.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Message To His Constituents

From Congressman Morgan Griffith:
Over the past few weeks, you've undoubtedly seen the political ads and heard the speeches. This campaign is "the most important in modern history" say the pundits. On the national level, this race "is too close to call" say the prognosticators.

But, what does this election mean for Southwest Virginia? What does it mean for your family? To be honest, those are the questions you're probably asking right now.

I have crisscrossed Southwest Virginia as summer has turned to fall. I have talked with people concerned about their jobs, their electricity bills, gas prices and the kind of future their children will live to see.

I hear the concerns on a daily basis. I understand how important good paying jobs are. I know that you're concerned about the electricity bill and how much it will cost to fill up the tank. I know that our seniors are worried about Medicare.

And if you re-elect me as your Congressman, I will work to address these concerns.

I will protect and preserve Medicare. For those 55 and older, there will be no changes to Medicare. For the next generation, there will be changes that strengthen Medicare, lower medical costs and preserve it for the long term.

I am going to work to protect your jobs and to attract new ones. I am going to work to keep taxes low, reduce the unnecessary regulation and create an environment where business can thrive.

I am going to continue to implement my 4-D plan to keep energy costs down. We need to Drill, Dig, Discover and De-regulate. Drill means use our oil and natural gas. Dig means use our coal resources. Discover means use our universities to find new ways to use traditional fuel sources and to make alternative and renewable fuels more affordable. De-regulate means unleash our energy potential and get Washington out of the way.

I will also vote to repeal Obamacare and replace it with a common-sense solution that will keep doctors and patients in charge of health care, not bureaucrats. We can find ways to keep the best parts of the law - like black lung benefits for coal miners, coverage for pre-existing conditions and allowing students to stay on their parent's plans. But I am confident we can do that without raising taxes on middle class families and businesses 19 times.

Most importantly, I want you to know that I will never stop working for Southwest Virginia. I grew up here. I went to school here. I am raising my family here. This is my home. That's why I want to go back to Washington - so I can keep working to protect my home and yours.

Finally, I want to encourage everyone to vote, no matter what your political persuasion. Every citizen has a duty to participate in the political process. Hundreds of thousands of heroes have died protecting our freedoms - including the freedom to vote. We should all honor them by making sure we cast a ballot on Tuesday.
Tuesday. Be there.

Received via press release.