Seen the price of gas lately? Just wait till you see your heating bill next winter. You can thank Tim Kaine's radical environmentalist buddies (along with his soul mates in Washington) for both.Radical Environmentalists Give Tim Kaine a Gold Star
Henrico, VA – Today, Tim Kaine received the seal of approval of liberal environmentalist groups The League of Conservation Voters and The Sierra Club for his commitment to their agenda for more regulations and fewer jobs. LCV has been rewarding Tim Kaine by bundling money for his campaign and spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in mailings and TV ads attacking George Allen while Tim Kaine tries to hide his record of support for job-destroying environmentalism.
“Tim Kaine is adding another liberal accolade to his decorated record of advocating for policies that cost Virginians their jobs,” said Emily Davis, spokeswoman for George Allen for U.S. Senate. “Tim Kaine has stood shoulder to shoulder with environmentalists to support job-destroying Cap-and-Trade policies, block Virginia offshore drilling, oppose the Keystone Pipeline and champion EPA regulations that will turn Virginia’s coalfield communities into ghost towns. Tim Kaine’s allegiance to environmentalism may win him money, but Virginia families are left with the loss of jobs that put food on the table and with skyrocketing fuel and electricity prices. This is further evidence that Tim Kaine would be a Senator for his Washington allies while George Allen would be a Senator for Virginia.”
Tim Kaine’s Radical Environmentalist Allies
League Of Conservation Voters A Major Financier To Kaine:
● LCV Has Bundled Over $133,000 In Donations On Behalf Of The Kaine For Senate Campaign. (League of Conservation Voters Action Fund, FEC Filings, Year End 2011 to September Monthly 2012, Federal Election Commission Website)
● As Of Friday, October 5, 2012, LCV Has Spent More Than $1.4 Million On Independent Expenditures On Behalf Of Kaine’s Campaign. (Center for Responsive Politics Website)
● LCV Contributed $40,000 To Kaine’s Gubernatorial Campaign In 2005. (Virginia Public Access Project Website)
Support EPA regulations that would cost Virginia jobs and make electricity prices skyrocket:
● “The Environmental Protection Agency Proposed First-Ever National Standards Tuesday To Limit Greenhouse Gas Emissions From New Power Plants, dealing perhaps a final blow to efforts to build more coal-fired facilities in the United States.” (Andrew Restuccia and Ben German, “EPA Proposes First-Ever Greenhouse Gas Regulations For New Power Plants,” The Hill’s E2 Wire Blog, www.thehill.com, Posted 3/27/12)
● “Environmentalists Applauded The Rules, Calling Them The Nail In The Coffin For New Conventional Coal Plants.” (Andrew Restuccia and Ben German, “EPA Proposes First-Ever Greenhouse Gas Regulations For New Power Plants,” The Hill’s E2 Wire Blog, www.thehill.com, Posted 3/27/12)
● The League Of Conservation Voters Supported The New Regulations, Calling Them “Historic,” And Claiming The Regulations Would Spark “New Innovations In Clean Energy Technologies.” “The Obama administration has proposed historic new standards that would – for the first time ever – limit the industrial carbon pollution from power plants that contributes to global warming. These clean air safeguards will improve the quality of our air and protect public health, while also sparking new innovations in clean energy technologies.” (League Of Conservation Voters, www.lcv.org, Accessed 3/29/12)
● The National Mining Association Called The Sierra Club’s “Beyond Coal” Campaign A “Major Jobs Destroyer.” (National Mining Association, “Sierra Club’s Anti-Coal Campaign Is A Major Jobs Destroyer,” Press Release, 9/7/11)
● NMA Estimated Over 11,000 “Total Jobs Prevented” In Virginia By The Sierra Club’s Beyond Coal Campaign. (National Mining Association, “The Impact On Jobs Of Sierra Club’s ‘Beyond Coal’ Campaign,” Accessed 10/5/12)
● Sierra Club’s “Beyond Coal” Campaign Has A “Coal-Burning Power Plant Count Down” That Shows “124 Retired, 398 To Go.” (Sierra Club Beyond Coal Campaign, Accessed 10/5/12)
Stood against the Keystone Pipeline, a new supply of oil from a friend and ally and the 20,000 jobs it would bring.
● LCV Applauded President Obama’s Rejection Of The Keystone Pipeline. “We strongly applaud the Obama administration for standing up to Big Oil and rejecting the dangerous Keystone XL tar sands pipeline.” (Press Release, “LCV Applauds The Obama Administrations Rejection Of The Keystone XL Pipeline,” League Of Conservation Voters, 1/18/12)
● Sierra Club Executive Director Michael Brune Applauded President Obama’s Decision To Reject The Keystone Pipeline. “The Sierra Club and our 1.4 million members and supporters applaud the President today for delivering a decisive victory to Americans who want clean air to breathe and safe water to drink. Today’s decision represents another down payment on the Administration’s plan to move our country beyond oil. To paraphrase Vice President Biden, today’s news is a Big…Deal. President Obama’s announcement is an outright rejection of Speaker Boehner’s cynical attempt to play political football with Americans’ health. Unfortunately, we know that Big Oil and their cronies in Congress will not give up their endless pursuit of profits at the cost of Americans’ health and prosperity.” (Sierra Club, “Sierra Club Applauds President Obama For Rejecting The Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline,” Press Release, 1/18/12)
● Sierra Club: “Keystone XL Would Promote Oil Dependency And Harms U.S. Security.” (Sierra Club, “Keystone XL 101,” Accessed 10/5/12)
● Sierra Club: “Keystone XL Would Raise Gas Prices.” (Sierra Club, “Keystone XL 101,” Accessed 10/5/12)
LCV wants to prevent energy production off Virginia’s coast and wants all offshore drilling banned.
● "Please Urge Interior Secretary Ken Salazar And The White House To Ban All Offshore Drilling.” (“Take Action: No Offshore Drilling!” League of Conservation Voters Website)
● “LCV Will Continue Fighting For Congress To Resist Irresponsible Calls To ‘Drill, Baby, Drill’ Off Our Beaches And Instead Pass Commonsense Reforms To Protect Coastal Communities From Risky Offshore Drilling.” (“Holding Big Oil Accountable,” League of Conservation Voters Website)
LCV called Cap and Trade the “most important” piece of environmental legislation to ever be considered by the House of Representatives.
● LCV Called The Cap And Trade Bill The Most Important Piece Of Environmental Legislation To Ever Be Considered By The House Of Representatives. “The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) believes that H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act, is the most important piece of environmental legislation to ever come before the House of Representatives. The historic bill has the potential to transform America by creating clean energy jobs, improving our national security, and protecting our planet from global warming pollution.” (Press Release, “League Of Conservation Voters To Deny Endorsement To Any Member Of Congress Who Votes No On American Clean Energy And Security Act,” League Of Conservation Voters, 6/23/09)
Judge a politician by the friends he keeps ...