Quote

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. Welcome to From On High.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Morgan Griffith Makes A Commitment

From a press release:
Griffith Statement on Congressional Debates

Christiansburg, VA - Congressman Morgan Griffith (R-VA) released the following statement today after the third debate appearance against his opponent in the upcoming election:

"Over the last week, the voters of the 9th District have had the opportunity to hear directly from us about the issues that matter in this election. The choice is clear.

"I have fulfilled my pledges over the last two years to fight the unreasonable regulations coming out of Washington that kill jobs, to work to cut the unnecessary spending and get our deficit under control and to work to repeal and replace Obamacare, which taxes the middle class and jeopardizes small business in Southwest Virginia.

"My opponent has promised what he calls a bottom up economy. What he offers is an unrealistic plan that leads to bottom up poverty and trickle down government. It won't work for Southwest Virginia.

"The people of the 9th District have seen what I've worked to do over the last two years and know that I will continue to work hard for them in the future.

"I am focused on creating an environment where we can attract new jobs, but I also want to protect the jobs we have today. I will work to keep taxes low, to reduce unreasonable regulation and to stand up for the values of our small cities and rural communities.

"That's my commitment to the people of the 9th District. I want them to know that I will continue to work for every last vote and I hope to have their support on Election Day."
His opponent?

He's committed to being a good Democrat.