Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm Famous Where?

I wake up this morning, stumble into the den with a cup of coffee, fire up the computer, check to see about the traffic that the weblog generated yesterday, and ... found out I'm being read in Mumbai.

What?

Where?

After a 30 second google search, I came to realize that Mumbai is what Bombay, India is now called (if memory serves, the British colonial name was changed because, well, it was British and the Indians still hate the British for what the latter did in the days of the Raj).

It's odd to see one of my weblog postings featured in a newspaper (Mumbai News) half way around the world. But such is life on this planet today. Welcome to the internet.

To all of my new friends in Mumbai: Namaste. Aap kaise ho? Shukriya.

And if you see my good friend, Nagabushanam Jasti, tell him to write. (Hey, it could happen. India only has 1.1 billion people).

For those of you who are interested, here's the link:

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=14&articleid=49200622315275049200622301931

My guess is the link won't be good for long.

The world gets smaller every day.

Update April 10 5:33pm: As I expected, the link wasn't good for long. My fifteen minutes of fame (in India) lasted ... well, about 15 minutes.